Posted by bobby on Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 5:45pm.
can someone help me?
okay so I am given this :
(a) y= x-4
I have to graph this manually and find the intersection.
okay so I know how to graphi it right with this formula: y=mx+b
okay but is the slope how can you tell and what number is the y intercept
i belive it goes as follows:
(a) m(slope)= 1/1
and b(y intercept)= -4
b yintercept: 2
for some reason I think I ma doing something wrong is this right cuz i don't know how to greaph whne they only give me one number????
you appear to be on the right track, I'm not sure what your question is asking.
For (a) y = x - 4 | m = 1 and b = -4 , as you have.
For (b) you might want to rearrange it as
y = -x + 2 | m = -1 and b = 2
Now just graph each line and see where they intersect. The intercept is where the line intersects the y axis and the slope is the change in y over the change in x.
Find the slope and y-intercept.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry Graphing - So for Chem we have to answer a question asking why ...
- General Chem - So for Chem we have to answer a question asking why graphing is a...
- calculus/graphing calculator help - We were given a worksheet on modifying ...
- Maths - crazy maths question which involves graphi - This is a question that ...
- Algebra 2... - On isometric dot paper, graph the system of equations at right. ...
- Math - Find the intersection point. 3x+2y = 3 2x+10y = -5 I put them into y=mx+b...
- math/graphing - The number of accidents that occur at the intersection of Pine ...
- math (graphing) - I need to graph "y = -2x+5" and "y = 4/5x-3"... I don't think ...
- math - Question-2; Consider the function f(x)= -cos3x -4sin3x. (a)Find the ...
- Vectors - I am really lost and confused! Consider the lines r = (1,-1,1) + t(3,2...