Posted by Zach on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 at 12:54am.
hey guys a got a few problems i need help with im really desperate for help they're due soon online :(
1.Suppose that a constant current of 89 mA flows in a conductor.
Find the absolute value of the total charge that passes through the conductor in 3 minute(s).
Charge = ______ C
[b]b.) Number of electrons = ?
2.) A bar semiconduction material at 30 degrees Celsius has a density of 5E10 holes/cm3 and 5E10 electrons/cm3. The hole charge is 1.6E-19 C, and the charge of an electron is -1.6E-19 C.
The cross sectional area of the bar is [/B]9 cm2. When a voltage of 7V is applied across the ends of the bar, the holes travel with average velocity 8000 cm/s and the electrons travel in the opposite direction with velocity -100000 cm/s.
a) What is the flow rate of holes? ___ holes
b) What is the flow rate of electrons? __
c) What is the current? The current is referenced in the direction of the flow of holes ___ A
LAST ONE 3.) You wish to make 11ohm electric heating coil from 18 gauge nichrome wire. The resitivity of nichrome is 1E-4 ohm-cm and the cross-sectional area of 18 gauge wire is 0.001276 in2.
What length of wire in meters is needed? ___ meters
THANK YOU very much its very appreciated <3
1. Q (Coulombs) = [Current(Amps)]*180 s
(b) Divide Q by the electron charge e=1.6*10^-19 C to get the number of electrons.
2. a) hole flow rate = (hole density) * (hole drift velocity) * (bar area)
b) electron flow rate = (free electron density) * (electron drift velocity) * (bar area)
c) current = sum of (a)and (b), multiplied by the electron charge e.
3. R (ohms)= Length) * (resistivity) /Area
L = (R* Area)/(resistivity)
You must convert the area in in^2 to cm^2 before using the formula above. The answer will be in cm. Then convert that to meters by dividing by 100 cm/m
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could help me find or explain ...
- english - hey people!! im new here and i just got an essay to do on english ...
- stoichiometry problems - Hey I hve problems with calculate stoichiometry ...
- science - hey guys, i need help again. wut iz density?
- Business - Hey guys. I really need your help picking out a new business name. ...
- PLEASE HELP!!!! I NEED IT QUICKLY!!! - Hey guys! I need some help on improving ...
- physics - hey you guys , i reay appreciate it if you guys help me out . Q: a ...
- Comm. Arts - Toulmin Model and Campus Gun Control? I'm getting really confused ...
- FRENCH... AGAIN - Hey guys, I'm just wondering, how do you say fun facts in ...
- English - Hey guys I have an essay i need to write next week, and my english ...