Posted by angel on Sunday, July 17, 2005 at 7:17pm.
Posted by TchrWill on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 5:44pm.
2.)The sum of four consecutive odd
integers is -336. Set up an equation AND solve for all of the integers.
Two ways to approach this.
-336/4 = -84 making the 4 consecutive odd numbers -81, -83, -85 and -87.
x + (x + 2) + (x + 4) + (x + 6) = -336
I'll let you solve for the answer.
Let x be an odd integer.
Then x + (x + 2) + (x + 4) + (x + 6) = -336
==> 4x + 12 = -336
==> 4x = -348
==> x = -87
Then the four consecutive odd integers are:
==> x = -87
==> x + 2 = -85
==> x + 4 = -83
==> x + 6 = -81
is this right?
Yes. Did they add to -336? Are they consective odd integers?
Yes, you are correct angel.
If x=2/3 and y=3/4 then 10xy=60
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - just a little stuck can you help me out? 1.)Sales (in millions) of a ...
- Math - When you solve questions like "The sum of 3 consecutive integers is 147. ...
- math - i dont get this question consecutive integers are integers that differ ...
- math - i dont get this question consecutive integers are integers that differ by...
- Algebra - Hello, I have been trying a few ways to do this problem and am not ...
- math - A. Four times one odd integer is 14 less than three times the next even ...
- math - The sum of four consecutive odd integers is -72. Write an equation and ...
- Algebra - The sum of two consecutive odd integers is 56. A. Define a variable ...
- Pre-Algebra - Find two consecutive odd integers such that 5 times the first ...
- algebra - Find four consecutive odd integers so that five times the sum of the ...