Recent Homework Questions About Computer Science
9. FM signals travel as changes in (1 point) A.the speed of the wave. B.the amplitude of the wave. C.the frequency of the wave.*** D.the loudness of the wave.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 4:03pm
8. Which of the following is true about all electromagnetic waves in a vacuum? (1 point) A.They all carry the same energy. B.They all travel at the same speed. C.They all have the same frequency. D.The all have the same wavelength.***
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 4:02pm
7. Which of the following correctly describes a gamma ray? (1 point) A.long wavelength and low frequency B.long wavelength and high frequency C.short wavelength and low frequency D.short wavelength and high frequency***
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 4:02pm
6. Sonar is used to inspect pipelines and bridge foundations. In this scenario, sonar takes advantage of the fact that (1 point) A.sound waves can reflect.*** B.sound waves can diffract. C.sound waves can spread out. D.sound waves can refract.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 4:01pm
5. The pitch of the siren of a moving fire truck changes from high to low as the fire truck passes by. What property of a sound wave changes as the fire truck goes by? (1 point) A.amplitude B.density C.temperature D. frequency***
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 4:00pm
3. When the energy of a sound wave is transferred to a particle of a medium and causes it to vibrate and generate heat, the sound wave is (1 point) A.reflected. B.refracted. C.absorbed.*** D. Transmitted.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 4:00pm
1.A weatherman reports, The storm waves are about 2 meters high and about 35 meters apart. What properties of waves is the reporter describing? (1 point) A.frequency and wavelength B.wavelength and wave speed C.amplitude and wavelength*** D.amplitude and frequency
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 3:59pm
what type of galaxy do astronomers consider to be the oldest? It's urgent because I am studying for a grade 9 exam but I dont know what this is.. please help.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 6:47pm
how are blood types determined? A. marker mocules marked on red blood cells B. Marker mocules marked on white blood cells C. Plasma fibrin's precense D. Blood available for transfusion
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 5:07pm
1. How does a mutation in the DNA affect the way proteins are made? A. A mutation in the DNA results in misshapen tRNA molecules that do not fit inside the ribosomes. B. A mutation in the DNA results in a change in the mRNA and, ultimately, to a different protein structure. C...
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 4:24pm
A certain species of grasshopper can have red stripes, yellow stripes, or red and yellow stripes. An RR grasshopper has red stripes, an YY grasshopper has yellow stripes, and an RY grasshopper has red and yellow stripes. Which type of inheritance is this an example of? ...
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 4:20pm
A sample of steam with a mass of 0.530g and at a temperature of 100 ∘C condenses into an insulated container holding 4.40g of water at 5.0∘C.( ΔH∘vap=40.7 kJ/mol, Cwater=4.18 J/g⋅∘C). What is the final temperature of the mixture, assuming no ...
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 10:01am
A soccer player applies an average force of 180 N during a kick. The kick accelerates a 0.45 kg soccer ball from rest to a speed of 18 m/s. What is the impulse imparted to the ball? What is the collision time?
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 5:58am
3. Describe how the Triassic period was a transitional time period during the Mesozoic era. Explain why the boundary between the Triassic and Jurassic periods is similar to the boundary between the Permian and Triassic periods NEED ANSWER FOR PRINCESS ANNA!!! She posted this ...
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 2:01am
4. Which statement best describes an igneous intrusion? A. Magma is injected into surrounding rock forming an igneous intrusion. B. Magma explodes to the surface and forms a smooth outer layer of rock.&...
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 8:51pm
1. What measurement best describes the results of a scientific experiment regarding distance? A. 57 miles B. 500 kilograms C. 523 inches D. 51 kilometers My answer is D. Am I correct? &...
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 6:49pm
In the experiment water clock : what changes (independent variable) , how does it responds to the changes made(dependent variable), and what is being controlled (controlled variable). Pleas I really need this by today. And also my question for science fair is what part does ...
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 6:35pm
Earth Science - Please Check My Answer
Please help me with the following question: Please select the word from the list that best fits the definition Creates clouds, snow, sleet, rain and hail A. Radiation B. Conduction C. Convection D. Water Cycle I think the answer is mostly B, but I think it could be D as well. ...
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 6:34pm
1. An environmental engineer might (1 point) Create mathematical models of what may happen to global temperatures in the future. Build and maintain a marine exhibit for an aquarium. Help an oil finery reduce its toxic gas emissions.*** Stock a lake with algae-eating fish. 2. ...
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 5:02pm
1. An environmental engineer might (1 point) Create mathematical models of what may happen to global temperatures in the future. Build and maintain a marine exhibit for an aquarium. Help an oil finery reduce its toxic gas emissions. Stock a lake with algae-eating fish. Is it A...
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 2:38pm
How many litres of oxygen are needed to react completely with 25.0L of H2S at STP according to the following reaction: 2H2S + 3o2 --> 2so2 + 2H2O At STP temperature is 273 K pressure is 101.3 Kpa R is 8.314 so PV=nRT 101.3×25= n× 8.314× 273 n= 1.11 so ...
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 1:36pm
Write an OpenGL program that allows interactive creation of polygons via mouse input. That is, I click to create new vertices until I like the polygon, then make some indication (double click, right click, press a key, click a button; your choice) that Im done, and the ...
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 2:36am
Please help me to solve this equation. Than you for your time and efforts. Here is the question? Jupiter at its closest approach to earth is about 630,000,000 kilometers, the diameter of Jupiter is 140,000 km, calculate the angular diameter of Jupiter in arc seconds. 206,265 ...
Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 4:24pm
Which of the following is Not an example of debugging A)Looking for errors in programming code B)Fixing misspelled commands in programming code C)Solving faulty logic in programming code D)Upgrading to improve the programming code
Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 2:55pm
In a class of 100 students, 30 are computer science majors, 49 are mechaincal engineering majors, 13 are civil engineers and the rest are general engineering majors. Assume students only have one major. If a student is chosen at random what is the probability they are: a civil...
Friday, January 16, 2015 at 9:23pm
The rock cycle suggests that A)rocks are always added to Earth's mass. B)rocks are continuously being recycled into different forms. C)rocks disappear from Earth as they go underground. D)rocks always stay in the same form. My answer is A... is that right??
Friday, January 16, 2015 at 3:20pm
A basketball momentarily changes shape as it bounces off the floor. This is due to balanced forces acting on the ball. True False Is the answer False? Thank you
Friday, January 16, 2015 at 1:40pm
Which cells identify as the ones most likely to hold the key to increased human longevity and vitality and how might this work? Describe one alternative to cloning
Friday, January 16, 2015 at 9:59am
From the following data ,calculate the percentage of KCl in sample of chloride weight of the sample 0.1865, volume of AgNOS required 26.50mL and Ag of AgNO3 =0.008700gram
Friday, January 16, 2015 at 2:50am
Identify the manipulated and responding variables in this testable question: "Does orange juice transform from a solid to a gas at the same exact rate as water?" My question is, what will you be changing in this lab (MV) and what are you measuring (RV)?
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 10:03pm
5th grade science
How might the history of the United states be different if the first European settlements had occurred on the west coast instead of the east coast
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 9:19pm
the melting point of the element bromine is about 19 grades F this is about 57 grades F more than the melting point of mercury. What is the melting point of mercury?
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 6:11pm
how concepts develop
Which of the following is the crux of the interrelationship between mathematics and science? A. About half of the basic math concepts are related to science concepts. B. The basic concepts of mathematics are the basic process skills of science. C. Basic mathematics process ...
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 6:10pm
What is the genetic code? A. The order of amino acids in proteins makes up the genetic code. B. The order of amino acids in mRNA makes up the genetic code. C. The order of nitrogen bases in tRNA makes up the genetic code. D. The order of nitrogen bases in DNA makes up the ...
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 6:07pm
Fertilizers and pesticides applied to farm fields in Pennsylvania have made their way to Chesapeake Bay Maryland, this is an example of _____________ pollution.
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 3:08pm
science 1 question
Explain how a scientist would use DNA or protein sequences taken from three different organisms to construct a cladogram. I know what a cladogram is but I have no clue about the DNA or protien thing. Anything would be helpful. Please help! Thanks.
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 2:56pm
Which of the following is not a characteristic of igneous rocks? Igneous rocks are formed when molten rock cools and hardens. Igneous rocks have crystal grains. Igneous rocks are larger in size because the rock cooled more slowly after the hot lava came out from the ground. ...
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 1:20pm
Force1 of 3,5N acts on an object to the right and force2 of 4,5N acts on the object towards the left. Determine the resultant of the forces using an accurate tail-to-head vector diagram,use the scale 10mm:1N
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 12:39pm
mathematics,science,physics,agriculture and geograph.
which work i surpose to do?caus geograph confuse me!
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 10:05am
Science Ms. Sue?
Why did the following change occur? The snow that covered the ground all winter began to melt, temperatures rose, and flowers started to bloom. A. days became shorter B. the Earth tilted away from the sun C. the sun's rays became more concentrated D. Earth completed one ...
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 2:07am
ALuminum can be determined gravimetricaly by the reaction with solution of 8-hydroxyquinoline (C9H7NO3).The net ionic equation . A mass of 0.1248g of Al(C9H6NO)3 WAS obtained by precipitating all of the the Al3+ from a solution prepared by dissolving 1.8571g of a mineral. what...
Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 1:50am
You have purchased an Apple desktop computer and want to set it up so that you can access your computer desktop when you are on the road. How might you do this? A. Install Remote Desktop for Apple on your desktop. B. Install Apple+ VPN on your desktop. C. Configure your ...
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 10:37pm
what is the concentration of a solution made by mixing 22.0 g of salt with 200 mL of water? assume that the volume of the water does not change when the salt is added
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 9:08pm
I grand daughter has this fill in the blank: Electically__________ objects push or _____________ on other electrically charged objects. This produces___________. Please fill in the blanks please. Because we don't know... Thanks!!!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 7:13pm
How did the discovery of the electron change the atomic model? A.it disaproved the earlier idea of an indivisible atom. B.it confirm that atom are very tiny. C. It exposed fraudulent experiments conducted by unqualified scientists. D. It proved that atom are easier to see than...
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 5:53pm
According to the fossil record shown, how did the Bighorn Basin environment change from 55.85 to 55.75 million years ago? Highlight the correct answer choice. (1 point) A. Over time, less plant life covered the basin. B. Over time, more plant life covered the basin. C. Over ...
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 3:43pm
A cat is walking down a sidewalk and spots a dog in a nearby yard. The cat starts to run in the opposit direction and then quickly climbs a tree. Which of the following changes most accurately describes the movement of the cat? A. Change in speed B. Cange in distance C. Change...
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 3:07pm
1.A model train traveling at a constant speed around a circular trak has a constant velocity. True False**** 2.Which of the following would be affected if a soaring eagle changes direction but remained at a constant speed? A. Acceleration only B. Velocity only**** C. ...
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 2:49pm
One way the modern atomic model differs from Thomsons atomic model is that electrons are no longer scattered throughout an atoms positive matter like chocolate chips in cookie dough. Instead, each electron is outside of the nucleus occupying a specific... If new ...
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 2:47pm
I am really having a hard time completing this question.. Punctuated equilibrium occurs over a relatively ______ period of time, usually as a result of a ________.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 12:24pm